To see how I did this, check out my post on the wine glasses from yesterday. In short, I masked off a set of old fashioned glasses last night, cut out the design, and sandblasted them this morning. I found coming up with designs for the cylindrical glasses much more difficult than for the wine glasses, due to the surface itself being much less interesting. I ended up remasking some of the glasses three or four times before I was finally happy with it, but I think they turned out quite good in the end.
UPDATE: I guess I should get around to posting some more of the glasses I etched. Enjoy:
Etching Wine Glasses